PROBLEMS, CHANGES AND RELEASES
The main objective of Proactivanet Problem Management is the continual improvement in provision of the service by helping reduce the total volume of incidents, as well as the time required for resolution of these incidents. In addition, Problem Management helps identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the organization, even before the incidents have occurred (proactive Problem Management).
When the final resolution of a problem requires a change or even when this change is derived from any other origin (resolution of incidents or requests, service improvement, entry of new services, etc.) Proactivanet Change and Delivery Management will guarantee that this change is carried out in an orderly, controlled and planned manner, thus minimizing the risks for the organization and stimulating the business to innovate continuously through continuous evolution of its technological services.
For those organizations that are not equipped with specific tools for project management, Proactivanet Change Management is a wonderful way to begin simple, and at the same time efficient, management that enables technological departments to better control their projects while they adopt service management practices using ITIL and ISO 20000.
For all these reasons, Proactivanet Management of Problems, Changes and Releases is the next step in the evolution of maturity of service management and Service Desk processes.
- Are some incidents recurrent, and does it seem that they will never go away? Do technicians lose time resolving the same incidents repeatedly?
The Problem Management process is the only process able to reduce the number of incidents by attacking their roots causes directly, especially repeat incidents or those that are so serious that repetition would be unacceptable.
- Is it difficult to centralize and disseminate the knowledge? Do the technicians investigate the same incidents again and again? Do you have the feeling that the wheel is being reinvented over and over again?
As part of Proactivanet Problem Management, once the root cause of a problem has been detected, it will be documented as a known error with its potential temporary solutions, and all of this will be included in a knowledge base.
- Do user incidents and user complaints soar after each change?
Proactivanet Management of Changes and Releases, together with Proactivanet CMDB, allow you to control changes from start to finish, thus ensuring that critical and indispensable aspects recommended by ITIL are covered, and above all, making it easier to conduct an exhaustive risk analysis that does not jeopardize availability of service or user satisfaction.
- Are there conflicts when authorizing the changes? Who makes the decision and accepts responsibility?
Proactivanet Change Management sets up clear, objectively defined criteria for authorization that are automated according to the nature of the change, by selecting which Change Advisory Board (CAB) is most appropriate according to the nature of the change, thus defining different voting criteria for its final approval.
- Does the organization exert pressure to implement improvement plans, but it is not easy to identify where to start?
The Problem Management integrated with the CMDB module can be a very good place to start, since it will work to reduce the number of incidents, deleting repeat incidents of greater impact, and since it will take care of identifying potential difficulties - even before they arise!!! Afterwards all these opportunities for improvement can be channeled through the Change Management for final implementation in an orderly and risk-free manner.
- By planning changes appropriately, which reduces unnecessary tasks and conflicts, by getting rid of unproductive efforts.
- By reducing effort in re-investigation and resolution of repeat incidents thanks to Problem Management.
IMPROVEMENT IN PRODUCTIVITY OF SUPPORT TECHNICIANS
- By improving coordination between teams, both the teams in charge of implementing the changes and those in charge of subsequent development and updating.
- By disseminating temporary solutions that enable you to resolve the root cause of the incidents associated with the problems during their investigation phase.
IMPROVEMENT IN PRODUCTIVITY OF END USERS
- Decrease in the number of repeat incidents, as well as lower negative impact on the release of the changes.
- Less time required for resolution of incidents, thanks to temporary solutions for known problems and errors.
REDUCTION OF RISKS TO SERVICE CONTINUITY
- Reduction in the number of incidents due to poorly analyzed or incorrectly planned changes, which could affect both the service that is being modified, as well as others that may experience side effects.
- Elimination of potential fault points, thanks to proactive problem management, even before the incidents occur.
- Comprehensive management of the entire life cycle of the problems, known errors, changes and releases in keeping with the ITIL best practices and integrated with the rest of the Service Management process (Incidents, Requests, Knowledge and Service Levels...).
- Relationship and notifications between records of incidents with known problem/errors and changes.
- Root cause analysis for problem management, regardless of their origin.
- Dissemination of temporary solutions to problems integrated into the knowledge base.
- Parametrization of the different life cycles of the changes, distinguishing between pre-authorized standard changes, changes requiring authorization and emergency changes.
- Automated calculation of the Change Advisory Board (CAB or ECAB) that is most appropriate in each case, in accordance with the nature of the change to be implemented, with the different methods of voting for each one, with the additional option of including end users, not only technicians.
- Tracking of the progress of the changes on the User Portal for members of the change advisory boards and/or other related users (stakeholders).
- Planning of milestones and tasks, relationship among them and assignment of persons responsible, with graphic display using Gantt diagram, or at the global level on the Forward Schedule of Change (FSC).
- Estimate of planned effort and control of real effort for implementation of the change.
- Management of escalation and assignment of problems and changes among different groups of technicians according to completely configurable criteria for classification.
- Data mining adaptable to each organization’s specific needs thanks to advanced reports, completely customized lists, and dashboards for interactive graphic presentationof the information gathered.
- Native integration with Proactivanet Configuration Management (CMDB) and Proactivanet Discovery & Asset Management (optional modules) for setting up two-way relationships between problems and changes and the assets and/or configuration elements involved.
- Native integration with the rest of modules of Proactivanet Service Desk (optional modules), such as Service Catalogue and Portfolio Management, service levels, continuity, capacity, availability,...