The process of Service Asset and Configuration Management, including its CMDB, is the central connection point between IT and the business, indispensable for guaranteeing that every decision is made so as to maximize the value-added to the business, while at the same time minimizing risks. In addition, implementation of the CMDB, together with a correct Asset Management, will have a direct impact on other Service Management processes, such as Management of Incidents, Requests, Problems, Changes... thus reducing times required for resolution and increasing the productivity of technicians and end users of the services.
The CMDB is positioned as the central repository of information where all of a company’s configuration elements are linked, including hardware, software, documentation, services, SLAs, persons, etc., and also the relationships among these, thus enabling graphic display of how IT services are being provided to the organization. Furthermore, when the CMDB is integrated with the Discovery & Asset Management tool, and also with the Service Management tool (ITSM), it is possible to automate and minimize maintenance efforts, while at the same time maximizing the value-added to the rest of processes.
For all these reasons, Proactivanet’s CMDB is certain to be a key element in implementing not only the ITIL and ISO 20000 Configuration Management process, but also all Service Management processes.
- Is there a silo mentality? Does nobody really know how services are provided? Is it an ordeal when key technicians (or you yourself) leave for vacation, because it will probably be necessary to make emergency calls?
Proactivanet CMDB enables you to model IT services and link them with all technological assets that are involved in the provision of these services. This way it is very easy to determine which part of the IT infrastructure is involved in providing each service, as well as the interrelationships between each of them.
- Is it increasingly difficult to defend investments in technology to the business?
By turning IT investments into investments in the business processes with support in the modeling of the services in the CMDB, the acceptance rate for improvement projects will increase significantly.
- Are operational and maintenance costs always increasing?
The business may view costs for maintaining technology as an expense, but when they are viewed in relationship with the services they are seen as an investment. The CMDB not only helps modify this point of view, it also detects infrastructure elements that could be underutilized, or even unused, which will enable you to reduce operating and maintenance costs.
- What is the front-line resolution rate for incidents? Can it be improved? And what about times required for resolution with respect to the end user?
Due to the native integration of Proactivanet CMDB with Proactivanet Service Desk, the technicians for incidents and requests have direct access to the CMDB, which provides a great source of knowledge for streamlining the resolution of incidents and requests, since it endows the front lines of support with greater capability for resolution and also assists specialized technicians in reducing times required for investigation, diagnosis and resolution.
- By detecting underutilized infrastructure,or even completely unused infrastructure, which could be eliminated or reused to create added value for the business.
- By optimizing investment decisions, since they will be based on reliable, updated and precise information, in keeping with the business’s real needs.
IMPROVEMENT IN PRODUCTIVITY OF SUPPORT TECHNICIANS
- By providing key information that reduces times requiredfor response, investigation and resolution for the incidents.
- By communicating to the technicians the map of configuration of the systems affected by the incidents, requests, problems and changes.
REDUCTION OF RISKS TO SERVICE CONTINUITY
- By detecting in a proactive manner any possible critical points(SPOF = Single Point of Failure), which enables you to predict incidents before they take place.
ASSISTING IN THE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF THE BUSINESS
- By helping to justify IT investments necessary to support the digital transformation process of the business, by turning these into investments in servicesthat support business processes, and not into technology expenses.
- Creation and automatic updating of the CIs and their relationships based on the data collected by the Module for Discovery & Asset Management.
- Importing and or massive modification of CIs and their relationships.
- Quick and easy creation of relationships between CIs when they cannot be detected automatically.
- Graphic and interactive display.
- List of users relevant for each CI (stakeholders), which enables you to send automatic notifications if certain events occur.
- Risk and impact analysis for each CI according to the critical nature of its relationships with the rest of CIs.
- Data mining adaptable to each organization’s specific needs thanks to advanced reports, completely customized lists, and dashboards for interactive graphic presentationof the information gathered.
- Native integration with Proactivanet Service Desk (optional modules) enabling you to connect configuration elements with incidents, requests, problems, changes,...